To The Ends of the Earth...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Humble

Def=1. Having or showing a consciousness of one’s shortcomings.

Today I have been humbled. I went to the Kyrgyz Sunday meeting and there was all of about 10 people there. They are happy to see me because I have come to help. Me, help them. Then the humbleness kicks in. I have entered a place where I do not know the language, I cannot communicate without help. I am greatly, GREATLY, aware of my shortcomings. It scares me. I am overwhelmed. How can I? I can’t- not on my own. Just like Peter, he couldn’t walk on the water, not on his own. He needed to keep his eyes on the one who could make it possible. Sometimes, my biggest hindrance is myself, looking at myself and all my inadequacies and seeing them as a limitation. When I should be seeing them as way for Him to display His power; “for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home