To The Ends of the Earth...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Challenge

Challenge def.= 2. A calling into question 3. A call to a dual, contest, ect. 4. Anything that calls for special effort.
During, and after our General Assembly (GA) Conference, I heard people say often “I was challenged.” I admit the phrase came from me as well. When one is challenged, what does that mean? What do you do with it? Is it just a temporary feeling, and then return to the same ol’ routine? Or is it something just to ponder? Or do you take the challenge and change? There have been some things that I have been challenged with- words spoken, spirit moving- so now what. What do I do with this? Do I feel uncomfortable for a while until the thoughts and challenges are forgotten, or do I purpose to change; do I plan and set into motion new actions. Do I seek out opportunities that are out of my comfort zone to stretch me.
I have been challenged to live a sacrificial life- to be a substitution and take on the pain of others. I don’t easily bare my own pain, much less look to take on more- that being someone else’s. Challenge.
I have been challenged to live with a “spend me” attitude. Ransom= a price paid for someone to be free. How can I be spent so that others may come to be free?Challenge.
I have been challenged to be a peace maker. Reconciliation= to make peace. I not only must live in peace with others, but to bring others to the place where they are able to have restored peace with the Father and then among others as well. Challenge.
I have been challenged to surrender to my Father’s will. After asking for His cup to be taken from Him, only if it were His Father’s will, He took His cup and drank it. Not that He loved the cup, but loved the hand from which it came. Am I willing to take and drink of the cup that the Father is giving me? Challenge.
I have been challenged to live a victorious life. Winning looks different in the kingdom of Heaven; we win by losing. What have I lost for the sake of the kingdom? Challenge.
As for me, I have picked up the gauntlet that has been laid before me, knowing that it will not be easy. I may not always want it, and there may be times that I wished I just left it on the floor. But I know the One who will help me through it and He is good and faithful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home