To The Ends of the Earth...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Song

So it was a musical few days, music by Kevin Thompson. Which, if this is the first you’ve heard of him, he and his music are definitely worth searching out. If you are in CNY- he is a local artist and you can easily get to a concert. There was one particular song that got to me. So I listened to it often, because sometimes you can listen to a song and not really hear it. The song is called ‘Nail Scarred Hands’, and there’s a question- “Where would I be if it wasn’t for J’us?” It made me think about where I would be without Him. I certainly wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t have the joy and the hope that I have. I wouldn’t have such the abundant life that I have now. Then chorus goes: “I’ll put my faith in you. I’ll put my trust in you. I’ll put my life in your nail scarred hands. I’ll put my hope in you. Cause I can find rest in you. I’ll put my life in your nail scarred hands.”

“There is a love, that’s calling out for you and me. It’s coming for to set you free. Where would you go if it wasn’t for J’us?” There’s a voice that whispers your name at night. It tells you everything is alright. Where would you go if it wasn’t for Him?”


I listened to this song as I walked the streets, I looked around at those I was walking by. Knowing many are without Him. Where are they? Lonely? Suffering? Longing for love? Searching for hope? Where do they go? Do they turn to Vodka to dull their pain? To relationships that leave them hurt? To religion that leaves them striving for the unattainable? Or remain defeated thinking all is hopeless? But there is a love. A hope. A peace. One that wants them to come, to call. But how can they call on the one that they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone telling them? Then my heart breaks. I want them all to know this love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home