To The Ends of the Earth...

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not Your Average Fish Story

On the 22nd of June our team went to the lake to do some fishing! Some people went earlier in the afternoon and others, like myself, who had clubs to be at, left in the evening. It was a nice time! When we got there, we all had a picnic, and then a camp fire. And of course, we roasted marshmallows. :) We had planned to spend the night and camp out, so we borrowed some tents and sleeping bags from another club, so no one would have to sleep under the stars. Which may not have been so bad had there not been so many mosquitoes! We had a wonderful time around the fire, eating and playing games and singing songs in Russian. Which I knew a few of them! The next morning, those of us who wanted to go fishing got up very early. It was nice to see the sun rise over the lake! It was even nicer to use my new fishing pole! Though I must say, they are a bit different than the ones I’ve fished with back home. As for bait, well, bread and worms were on the menu. Well, maybe I should say baby worms. They certainly were nothing compared to Morgan’s Bait worms!! What I wouldn’t have done for a package of night crawlers! You maybe wondering how successful my first fishing experience in Kyrgyzstan was, well, I did catch a fish! Though it was about the size of a large minnow!! But in Russian, everything is considered a fish- there are no minnows :) I figure, they can only get larger from here on out!! :) But it was a good time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie and John Wright said...

great to hear from you. It sounds like you are having a great time. Have you found a supply of marshmellows there, or are you working on your "Private Stash"

Blessings John

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home