To The Ends of the Earth...

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Big And The Little Things

As many of you know I get pretty excited about things, usually the little things that happen. So I will share with you my exciting adventures that happened these past two days. Yesterday, I was invited to be a guest on the radio show- Accents In English. It was really neat! There is a couple who does the show now, but before, they also had a guy from England and a guy from Australia, so including them from the US they were accents in English. Anyway, it is a 2hour program all in English, and they play every kind of music: country, jazz, contemporary C., some oldies, really whatever they have, which also includes Swing and the OC Supertones!! Two of my favs. So how did I get invited? Well I had met them on Sunday, and they had asked if I was interested in coming to the station and being on the show to be interviewed. And I said sure. Well, it wasn’t a straight up interview, it was just hanging out in the sound room talking in between songs and news. It was fun! I had a good time, even if they did play country music. :) Well, that was the BIG exciting thing.
The little exciting thing- I rode the marshruka all by myself!!! Yeah, that’s what I said! I waved it down to stop, and when it was time, told the driver where I needed to get off! I was so proud of myself. It is pretty easy to remember what to say, it is very close to “asta la vista” (like from the Terminator). That is how I remember it. You just have to be careful not to say “baby” after it, or the driver might get the wrong idea. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home