To The Ends of the Earth...

Friday, March 02, 2007

Birthday Fun

On Sunday Natasha celebrated her birthday, which was on Monday. I had gone to church with her which was nice. I guess their pastor who was a missionary died last week or so, so there wasn’t as many people there because they had gone back to the Ukraine for his funeral. So pray that they are able to get another pastor for their church.
I met some more people there: Marsha, Tiffany, Becky, and Anna. Well after the church service they were going to the movies for Natasha’s birthday. I went too, not that I had too much choice seeming how I could not find my way back home by myself. We saw Ghost Rider. There is nothing like sitting in a movie theatre watching a movie in a language you don’t understand. Luckily I was a bit familiar with the plot from previews back home. Afterwards, Natasha and I returned home and everyone was going to meet again for dinner at Natasha’s favorite Chinese restaurant. Well, when we got there, there was a sign on the door saying that it was closed for repairs. So we went somewhere else, another Chinese restaurant and it was very delicious. Then we went to the Beta store for some Baklava and ate it in the café upstairs. It was great to get to know everyone and it was a plus that pretty much everyone spoke English. So needless to say I had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home