To The Ends of the Earth...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Perfect Day!


Saturday was a perfect day! We had planned a picnic for English Club, and since Easter was the following day, I decided to add in some Easter flare. Earlier that morning Yylkon and I went shopping and bought the hotdogs, plates, stuff for salads, and about 30 eggs. Then Izada, Parizat, and I did some coloring! Once I got them started I started making a Jell-o cake! I love them! But unfortunately there is no Cool Whip here so I found some regular white frosting and decorated it with sprinkles and jelly beans. Jelly beans are also another no-show here in Kyrgyzstan but thanks to my mom- she had sent some egg coloring kits, several bags of jelly beans and holiday gifts and candies (and also large plastic eggs to hold the treats). So after much preparation everything was ready and we were off to the park to meet our students! When we arrived there, Yylkon stayed to meet them at the entrance and I took a few of them with me to unload the taxi and bring all the stuff to our picnic spot. We had great weather- sunny and warm, and to my surprise, the park was not full of people- but that was good because we were able to get the nice spot under the trees and in the shade! After setting the blankets out and food stuff, we headed to the open field where we set up the bases and got ready for baseball. Baseball has become very popular with our students- to which I am very happy- they even know about the best team in baseball- the New York Yankees (yes I’m a bit partial). We had a good turnout, about 14 people came. After two innings we decided it was a good time for a food break, so we headed to our picnic area and started the fire for roasting our hotdogs. We had a very good time of eating and talking and eating! After a while Ira had a chance to share about the holiday- what it is about and why we celebrate. It was a good time! Then it was out to the field for more baseball- we played until dark and called it a day when we could no longer see the ball! It was a perfect day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home