To The Ends of the Earth...

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

You shall reap what you do not sow!

Such was the case this morning! Early this morning I awoke to the sound of many crows cawing- not the most pleasant way to wake up. But then I began to hear something else….bam…crack…crack…I have heard this before, but not in such quantity. It is the sound of the walnuts falling from our tree. Since the flock of crows were flying among our trees, they were causing all the walnuts to fall loose from the branches. It was maybe a scene reminiscent of Berlin in the 1940’s! Me and the cat just watched out my window as all these nuts kept on falling and cracking all over the place! It sounded like a giant bowl of rice crispies- snap, crack, pop. I was so delighted to see what was playing out before me. Earlier I had tried to get some of the walnuts; I had harvested a basket full and thought that was good. But now, I would not have to jump and try to knock them down with a large pole, all I had to do was pick them up off the ground! It was great! So after a while I went outside and harvested the many, many, many walnuts! Then I swept up the huge mess that was also made- but it was well worth it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home